Portfolio setup and settings are managed in the Portfolio settings page, which you can access from the drop down settings menu. Setting up a portfolio is a five stage process that involves adjusting settings, picking a theme, adding a short biography, setting up a domain, and choosing photos. Once done with the initial setup you can manage your portfolio on a daily basis using the Organizer tool.
Step 1: Adjust Settings
1. Go to Portfolio settings page.
2. In the Settings tab there are four headings: Display, Personalize, Search Engine Optimization, and Tracking. Adjust these settings to your preference.
3. Press Save changes at the bottom of the page.
Note: If you can’t edit some settings it is because they are locked. To unlock these features upgrade to an Awesome account by visiting 500px.com/upgrade.
Step 2: Pick a Theme
1. Click on tab titled Themes.
2. Chose a theme and press Save changes at the bottom of the page.
Step 3: Add Biography
1. Click on About tab.
2. Write about yourself. Who you are is an important part of your portfolio. Tell your story. Need help? Write your 'About Me' page.
3. Press Save changes.
Note: If biography is already filled in, it’s because you typed up About You in the account settings page. Both fields are co-dependent, the content written is displayed in both your portfolio’s biography page and 500px profile.
Step 4: Set Up Domain
Follow these directions to setup your custom domain.
Note: If you do not save the changes, your domain will not link properly. This may take up to 72 hours to become active.
Step 5: Choose Photos & Create a Portfolio Set
1. Click on Organizer.
2. Portfolio Sets are located in the left hand menu on this page.
3. Create a Portfolio Set. Beside the heading Portfolio, click on the New button. Name your new Set and click the Save button.
4. Choose photos to add to your Portfolio Set. You can upload images directly to a set or drag images from your Library. To do this select Library then drag and drop photos onto the Set in which you want them to appear.
Need more help? Email us at email@example.com or tweet @500px_help