How do I submit my photo to be featured on #500pxFreePhotoWednesday?
We would love to have your photos featured, simply follow these steps:
1. Upload a photo to 500px. Not sure how to do it? Follow these steps!
2. In the final step, select Public Domain Dedication as the License type to designate your photo as CC0.
3. Share your photo on Facebook, tag the 500px page on the post and use the hashtag #500pxFreePhotoWednesday.
4. Make sure your photo is shared as a public post on Facebook, otherwise we won’t be able to see it!
5. That’s it, your photo will be considered for inclusion!
When do you post new photos?
Every Wednesday at 9 am Eastern. Be sure to check back often!
What can I use the 500px free photos for?
Images posted to the 500px Free Photo Instagram account are released under Creative Commons CC0. To the extent possible under law, uploaders to 500px have waived their copyright and related or neighbouring rights to these photos, which means you can copy, modify, distribute and use the photos for free without providing credit to the original author or source. Although it is not required, a link back to 500px would be much appreciated!
There are some limitations you should be aware of:
- Photos showing identifiable persons may not be used for pornographic, unlawful or other immoral purposes, or in a way that could harm their reputation, or to imply endorsement of products and services by those persons, brands, or organizations portrayed in the photos.
- Since 500px does not require a written Model or Property Release for each photo uploaded under Creative Commons CC0 that shows identifiable people or recognizable property, 500px cannot provide any warranty or assurance that you will be able to use the photos for any purpose you want.
- Certain photos may be subject to additional copyrights, property rights, trademarks or other intellectual property or proprietary rights, and may require third party consent or license for you to use the photos for commercial purposes. 500px makes no warranties or assurances with respect to such rights.
You should seek independent legal advice if you have any questions about what you can and cannot do with any Creative Commons CC0 photo.
For more info please see the Creative Commons FAQ on CC0.
How do I download a free photo?
Simply navigate to the 500px link in the photo description on Facebook and click in Download Photo!