What is Luminar AI?
Luminar AI is the world’s leading AI-powered photo editing software, which works both as a standalone application and as a plugin to Adobe Lightroom Classic, Photoshop, and Photos for macOS. Luminar AI is designed with simplicity and usability in mind featuring the use of AI-guided Templates for instant results and also by powering many innovative features with AI technologies. It is compatible with Windows and Mac, and was recently updated to natively support the Apple M1 chip.
How will I receive my Luminar key?
Upon purchasing a 500px membership with a Luminar AI add-on, you will receive the activation key and instructions to the email on your 500px account. It is also located on your Settings page.
How do I install and activate my copy of Luminar AI?
Download Luminar AI using a link provided in the email or by clicking here. Depending on your operating system, the correct installer will be downloaded. Double-click on the installer and follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.
Use these steps to activate Luminar AI:
- When you install Luminar and launch it for the first time, you’ll be prompted to sign in or register for a Skylum account. If you’ve previously registered a Skylum product, you’ll have an account. Fill out your email and password and click the Sign In button.
- Otherwise, click the Register button or use one of the 3rd party services like Facebook or Apple to sign in or register for a Skylum account.
- Once you’ve signed in, Luminar AI will be running in Trial mode. Click the text hyperlink “activate” to begin the activation process.
- In the manual activation screen, copy and paste your license key, then click the Activate button.
- If the license key is valid, after clicking the “Activate” button, you will see a “successfully activated” message.
- Click the “OK” button to view the Welcome/Get Started screens and begin using Luminar AI.
For detailed information about activating Luminar AI, including a short video, please visit the helpful Luminar AI User Guide.
I didn’t receive my Luminar AI license key. Help!
If you didn't receive the code within 24 hours after purchasing Luminar AI with your 500px membership, please check your spam/junk folder. It is also located on your 500px Settings page.
What if it says my Luminar AI license key has already been redeemed?
This means your code was already redeemed on a Luminar AI account. Contact the Skylum support team and include the redemption code and a description of the problem, and they'll be able to help.
I’d like a refund on my Luminar AI add-on along with my membership. How can I get one?
Due to the redeemable Luminar AI key, all Luminar AI add-ons are non-refundable. It's important to be very careful choosing your packages because of this. For more information, please visit the following support article:
Can I add Luminar AI onto my monthly membership purchase?
No, sorry. Luminar AI can only be purchased with a yearly Pro or Awesome membership.
I’m having issues with Luminar AI. Who should I contact?
For troubleshooting, license retrieval, and support please visit Skylum Support. For articles, videos, webinars and to connect with the Skylum customer community on how to make the most out of Luminar AI, visit the Luminar AI Insiders Community or the Skylum YouTube channel.
How do I upload to 500px directly from Luminar AI?
With Luminar AI, photographers can now directly upload to 500px. Once you complete your edit, click on the “Export” icon and select “500px”. You will be prompted with a login window. After successful authorization, you can enter your photo details such as title, description, category, and other information. Click “publish” and your photo will be uploaded to 500px.