As a licensing agent working on behalf of our Contributors, we incur costs and deploy resources to inspect submissions, clean up metadata and keywords, and deliver content to our partners. The grace period of 180 days is in place to ensure 500px and our distribution partners have sufficient time to recuperate expenditures associated with the aforementioned processes.
Steps to remove your photo from Licensing:
You can remove a single photo from 500px Licensing in your Licensing Manager:
1. Navigate to the specific folder the image is currently in.
*Note: In the example below, the image is in Under review. You can remove a photo from all Licensing Manager folders except Not Submitted, Declined and Removed (for obvious reasons).
2. Select the photo you'd like to remove. The 'Remove from Licensing' button can be found on the right hand side panel once the photo has been selected.
3. Click Remove from Licensing.
You will be prompted with the following message:
4. If everything sounds good, click 'Confirm and remove'.
5. The photo will transition directly to the Removed folder and when a photo is selected in the Removed folder, the removal date and the following message will display for your reference.
Keep in mind, removing a photo from Licensing does NOT remove the photo from your 500px profile. The action of removing a photo from Licensing simply means you are withdrawing the photo from future licensing activity, once the grace period of 180 days has ended.
If you change your mind after removing a photo, you cannot re-instate the removed photo. Instead, you will need to start from the beginning of the process and upload and submit the photo to Licensing again.