Tax Information For Contributors

Please note, we are not an accounting firm or tax lawyers. We cannot offer tax advice. Please contact a local accountant, lawyer and/or tax advisor for specific advice.


500px’s payment process combines your payment requests and tax form information in one seamless process. The process will lead you step by step and help you determine which tax form is right for you, and what information you need to submit.

If you still have questions after going through the process, please contact your legal and/or tax advisor

Tax Withholdings

​Are you filing for a local or U.S. tax return?

According to U.S. tax law, 500px must withhold a percentage of payments to citizens and entities in other countries depending on the tax treaties, and remit these withholdings to the government.

At the beginning of each year, 500px will use the information in your W-8 form to send you a document called a Form 1042-s. This document will outline the amount you were paid out by 500px and the amount of tax withheld in the previous year. If you are filing a Local Tax Return in your country of residence, you may be able to use the 1042-s to claim a foreign tax credit for the taxes withheld.

Was this article helpful?
22 out of 35 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request


Article is closed for comments.