When uploading to 500px (this includes photos, comments, Galleries, Groups, etc), it is important to abide by our Terms of Service in order to make your experience on 500px, and the experience of others, a positive one. Below, you will find a list of content reporting options and explanations as to why such a warning/suspension would be issued by our Moderators.
Should be tagged as Adult Content
- Content showing full/partial nudity. You can find our Adult & Unsuitable Content policy here.
Offensive (rude, obscene)
- Comments, user’s photos, etc., can be reported for being offensive. Circumstances include, but are not limited to:
- Photos that are pornographic and/or sexually explicit (sexual acts, fetish, violence, models in compromising positions)
- Photos focussing on male/female sexual reproductive organs (penis, vagina, anus)
- Excessive gore, blood, and/or horror
- Violence, hate crime/speech, and any form of illegal activity (depending on the context to which it has been uploaded)
- Animal cruelty (despite the motivations of a contributor being wholesome, we do not allow photos documenting animal abuse of any kind, even for awareness)
Spam (ads, self-promotion)
- Users who are using their profiles to advertise services and products unrelated to 500px.
- Repeatedly uploading the same images and posting advertisements in Groups and comments
- Product photography or content used to promote products.
- Advertising for the purpose of self-promotion (Models, Bots, etc.)
- A user who sows discord on the Internet in order to start arguments, etc., by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages throughout our online community.
Copyright (plagiarism, stealing)
- User who is uploading images of copyrighted content. This can be confusing to new users, since other social media sites tend to be more lenient with posting content that does not belong to the user. Our community is dedicated to only posting photographic content to which you own the rights and has been created by you.
Wrong Content (illustration, 3D)
- Non-photographic content that has not been derived from a camera. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Screenshots exhibiting web pages
- Video game captures
- Animated, 3D generated imagery
- Drawings, illustrations
- Photos covered in text
Although you may be able to see this type of content posted to 500px, it does not mean we permit it. It takes time to remove ALL content in violation of our Terms of Service. Going forward, please follow our Terms of Service guidelines rather than what other users are posting in our community.
In order to avoid violations of our Terms of Service during your time here on 500px, here are a few tips you can follow: https://support.500px.com/hc/en-us/articles/204031128-Inclusivity-Guidelines
In cases of violation, our Moderators will make an effort to reach out to you before suspending your account. Depending on the nature of the content you’re posting, your account may be subject to immediate suspension.
If you have been warned multiple times for the same violation, a permanent suspension may be placed on your account. Please be advised, we do not offer refunds on paid subscriptions that have been permanently suspended.
If you have received a warning, or your account is currently suspended, and you wish to provide additional information or context, please contact our team to discuss.